Seaquatics and Sea Base
your Partners in High Adventure.
Our Instructor Chris Ashland has been working with scouts here in Midland. He is certified to sign off on a scuba badge for scouts. Chris went to Sea Base in 2016 with his son and his son's troop and had a blast diving off Sea Bases 42 ft Newton. Seaquatics offers discounts for classes and gear for groups of 6 scouts or more. You get the best of both worlds a Seaquatics Certification and discount pricing. We like to support young people and give them an experience that will help them to grow up to be well rounded adults. Many of the lessons learned in scuba work well on land also. We have taught several troops and we always get rave reviews on how well our students are trained. Classroom and pool training is done locally and we do open water dives up near Grayling, which combines camping and diving.
Get all the training done here at home
and then you can just dive and enjoy your trip.
- Must be 10 years old but 12 is better
- Must answer no to all questions on the medical form or have a Doctor sign off on it.
- Must complete online training.
- Must complete 4-8 hours of classroom.
- Must learn all skills in the pool training (8-12 hours).
- Must show all skills learned in the pool in 4 open water dives over 2 days at our training lake near Grayling or at Gilboa Quarry.
Certification is good for life.
Although refresher courses are advised if you have not dove in a while.